Thursday 28 November 2013

Being Observed

I was thinking this morning how lessons when a teacher is observed are always far better than any other lesson they ever teach. I thought of one teacher in particular that I didn't like their lessons very much but the lesson I was in that was observed was engaging, informative and fun. The thing is the observed lessons show that the teachers can do excellent lessons.

My dream is to be a teacher one day and I was thinking how I could get round this integrity issue. I thought to myself "wouldn't it be amazing if we could treat every lesson as if it was observed." Then I thought, well the thing is it's hard if there is no-one watching you, you don't have the nerves or the same motivation.

But the thing is there is someone watching - God. Imagine how much you would want to make a lesson perfect if Prince William was observing it. Then multiply that up to the King of Kings.

It's not just school lessons that this can be applied, it can be applied to the whole of life. Before you do anything remember that God is watching - will what you are about to do make Him proud or sad?

I'd like to finish off with a verse from the Bible:
Colossians 3:23
New International Version (NIV)
23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,

No comments:

Post a Comment